The Access Service for Adult Mental Health is:
- A telephone service that provides information, advice and guidance in relation to adult mental health issues and the available services in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin.
- The single point of referral to all Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) Adult (18+) Mental Health Services, including Memory Services and Crisis Response.
- The Access service is not intended to be a substitute for telephone helplines and counselling services such as the Samaritans, or other support lines. If you require counselling we can give you details of services like this.
If following a patient consultation you require follow up with Secondary Mental Health Services, please contact the Access Team via: telephone (especially if an urgent referral) letter, email or fax, to provide relevant referral details.
- A local rate number 0300 124 0365
- Available 24/7, 365 days a year.
If you need help and advice and are already receiving our services.
- Within the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday please contact your Care Co-ordinator or the team that is providing your care.
- Outside of these hours if you are experiencing urgent mental health issues that cannot wait until usual working hours, please phone the Access Service 0300 124 0365.
The Access Service for Adult Mental Health is accessible to everyone.
- Including people who may find it difficult to use a telephone service for any reason.
- If you are deaf or have a hearing impairment then we would suggest contacting us via our email firstname.lastname@example.org If you prefer you can arrange for someone to talk to us on your behalf.
- If you prefer to speak to us in another language besides English, we can organise a face to face assessment for you using an interpreting service.
The Access Service for Adult Mental Health
- The team has qualified staff to speak to, who are knowledgeable about different services and options.
- We will listen to your concerns with compassion and understanding and give you support and ideas about what might be helpful.
- We will help you to decide what the next steps will be and, if necessary, offer you a suitable appointment there and then.
- If you are already receiving services from MPFT, we can look up what is written on your care plan and provide advice accordingly.
You can download a leaflet containing all of this information here.
Help for Suicidal Thoughts
Tel 116 123
Rethink Mental Illness www.rethink.org
MPFT accepts no responsibility for the content of external websites.
MPFT Trust Web site:
Working together towards your recovery
INDEX - General Information
Cervical Cancer Screening Awareness Week - 20th - 24th June 2022
Get yourself checked say health bosses in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin