FLU AND PNEUMOCOCCAL IMMUNISATION
Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
To Book Your Flu Appointment
If you are 65 or older you can now book your flu appointment by logging into Patient Access
Alternatively you can Teldoc Flu Appointment Call Centre on 01952 661196.
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please contact the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.
INDEX - Services
Online booking service for blood tests to be paused because of global blood bottle shortage
Patients in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin are being advised that the online booking service for blo
Walk-In 1st and 2nd Dose COVID Vaccine Clinic for 16-39 Year Olds
On 29th of July 2021, Teldoc will also be offering a walk-in service for 16-39-year-olds wanting to